GPDR and Newhotel Software
To help our clients comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Newhotel Software has developed some new tools that will facilitate your hotels’ everyday work, such as:
• New feature that allows you to activate data pseudonymization with Night Auditor, meaning the guests’ data will be masked, and therefore not accessible by anyone, after check-out or the current account is closed;
• Possibility in the Registration Card and Newhotel Cardex to present and register different types of consent (Opt-in) for different types of data management;
• Personal data access log;
• Possibility to register, per clients’ request and under their responsibility, massive personal data processing authorizations, according to applicable criteria (available only for clients who already collect authorization and register it in the software system, through the Marketing CheckBox or other support system).
• Possibility to pseudonymize all the personal data prior to this update.
(*) GDPR defines pseudonymization in Article 3, as “the processing of personal data in such a way that the data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information.”
Clients with on-premise solution
- These new tools will be available in our most recent software update, and you’ll be given a users’ manual upon installation.
- It is very important that you contact your account manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) as to request an appointment for this version update.
Clients with Cloud Computing
- There’s no need to request any installation.
- Newhotel team is preparing an update and all our clients will be informed of this process per usual channels.